Friday, October 21, 2016

"The Life of Jalem"


This is a photograph of my little
brother Jalem playing in our back yard



  

   After completion of the piece "The Life of Jalem", I was glad to successful create the piece but it was something I really wanted to create, however the process was extremely difficult for me. Not that the task was extremely difficult itself, but I had to do the project three times over. The easiest task was uploading the pictures onto the computer, but nothing else was easy. Simply taking the photos of my 3-year old brother was immensely difficult, as he wouldn't cooperate, stay still or stay in the frame. Aligning the photos were also difficult because he pushed me around and caused me to move. However, the most difficult part was getting the layered photo masks right, because I layered the photos wrong, and with photos not lined up it was even more difficult.
     The mediums used in this project were Adobe Photoshop C6, the move tool, layering mask tool, opacity tool, the brush tool and the color picker. The move tool and opacity feature allowed me to align the photos. The layering mask tool, brush tool and color picker allowed me to allow the different subjects to show on the same photograph.
     My strongest area was manipulating with the pictures so they would line up. For example, I had to resize the pictures by enlarging them, making them smaller and stretching it so it would fit perfectly on top of each other. I was able to change the brightness. saturation and contrast settings to make the pictures all the same, because I had to deal with clouds covering the sun as well as the sun setting.
     My weakest area  was lining up the  pictures. The photos themselves were not taken in the same place. My camera also changed color settings as the sun changed as well, so I had different colored pictures, pictures that were shifted and some that were closer or further away from my subject. So not only was I trying to layer pictures on top of each other, but I had to resize them and recolor so that they would look the same. 

1 comment:

  1. Effort: 3 (contact sheet missing)
    Comp:4
    Correct use of LM:3
    Quality:4
    Reflection:4
    A-

    ReplyDelete